- A manager, who must interact effectively across client and operational functions, to manage the team to superior operational and business performance.
- Through the required process and procedure of performance management support the C&E operations manager in recruitment, induction, training development, appraisals and disciplinary and grievance handling for the catering and event managers.
- Manage the casual and variable team meetings and briefings and ensure regular, clear and concise communication at all levels within the venue.
- Maintain the presentation of all areas of responsibility on site, as set out within the Operational standards guide for C&E and Major Events.
- Demonstrate and share best working practices in all duties, and comply with TEL policies and procedures
- Lead by example and ensure members of the team wear the correct, full and clean uniform whilst on duty. Actively address all issues relation to non-adherence of company standards.
- Ensure all maintenance issues and hazards are identified and dealt with promptly in line with TEL and RFU policy/practice.
- Be aware of and adhere to legal and company regulations relating to the following areas: Health & Safety at Work, Food Hygiene, Fire Regulations, Licensing Law, Sales of Goods / Trading Standards and Environmental policy.
- Ensure cost effective and appropriately skilled staffing levels are implemented throughout the Operational delivery to provide excellent customer service within the agreed standard and financial targets.
- Plan and monitor annual leave entitlements to ensure that the location is self-supporting during periods of leave.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all tasks consistently to adhere to specifically agreed standards.
- Support the Operational Managers in communicating, motivating, and engaging the team.
- Ensure all stock takes are completed to company standards and to set deadlines.
- To manage and deliver staff planners, along with your Line Manager, to effectively set up and clear down areas of responsibility in line with business needs and in line with set targets.
- Prepare all cash and credit stock sheets, in accordance with the guidelines. Issue stocks according to stock sheets, recording accurately any shortfalls.
- Place orders directly with relevant suppliers (internal and external), in line with company policies, and ensure all relevant paper work is completed.
- Take the lead on staff training and development, utilizing Catering and Event Managers to deliver an effective and innovative training plan.
- Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with agreed set targets.
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost variances relating to the financial results for individual events and monthly results and implement necessary corrective action plan.
- To cost specifically allocated events and run and mini profit and loss statement to ensure they deliver agreed profitability targets as set by FD and C&E Operations Manager.
- Be able to provide and support financial decisions with relevant information of costs of sales and sales mix analysis to each of your individually allocated events.
- Attend weekly finance meetings supplying suitable narrative on C&E controllable and Variable payroll spends
Customer and Client Satisfaction
- Work to the agreed Health, Safety & Hygiene protocols as directed by TEL.
- Acknowledge and act upon individual customer needs (i.e. suppliers, managers, clients and colleagues) in line with the nature of the business, whilst delivering the standards laid down by the Ops Managers.
- Ensure that every appropriate opportunity is taken to “up sell” to our customers subject to the profile of the event/show.
- Ensure all operational employees consistently demonstrate customer care, up selling and knowledge of current promotions.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of food and beverage and operate with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the business and lead by example.
- Ensure that all RFU events receive the same consistently agreed service levels.
- Recommend and implement improvements that will help to grow our business and sustain our position in the market.
- Acknowledge and promptly respond to all customer (i.e. suppliers, managers, clients and colleagues) queries in a timely and proactive manner.
- Play a supportive role in growing sales at the location under the guidance of the TEL Sales Manager.
- Ensure the successful delivery of individual C&E events that will achieve an assessment score of 8 or above in the BDRC measurement criteria.
- Improve or maintain NPS customer service score of 70 from BDRC.
- Support sales and coordination team on client site visits.
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I