Senior Art Director
55 High Street, Windsor, SL4
Who we are
Langland, a Publicis Health company, is the only health communications agency that thinks further across Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, Public Relations & Policy, and Advertising, to create unique value with visionary clients.
What we believe
Health brings us together. In the diseases we suffer, the medicines we create, and the causes we champion, health shows us our collective humanity. When we break the barriers that divide us, when we think further, we can create healthier futures, together.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy and creativity.
If you are a skilled Art Director who produces craft of the highest level and is looking for an opportunity to step up, this role may be for you…
A Senior Art Director at Langland plays a crucial role in both the business success and the culture of the agency. Working closely with a Copywriter, you take work from ideation to completion, executing and delegating as needed. You work closely with strategy, client partnerships and clients to develop relevant, meaningful work, consistently of a very high standard. You’re a great communicator, engaging clients and colleagues alike with presentation skills often as powerful and persuasive as your creative. Team-mates, especially designers and art directors, look to you for guidance.
- In partnership with a Copywriter, translate strategic briefs into beautifully presented creative/tactical proposals, proactively identifying organic growth opportunities for clients and the agency alike
- Consider the user journey (including accessibility needs and DE&I challenges) and ensure all ideas are grounded in authentic insights to enhance the experience of clinical trial participants and site staff
- Sell the work with concise, convincing rationales and persuasive presentations; confidently lead creative discussions with clients, colleagues and partners; constructively resolves challenges
- Once awarded, confident in leading a team through the evolution of an idea all the way through to final delivery (collaborating with third-parties such as illustrators, animators and filmmakers as needed)
- Confident in producing work across a variety of channels (e.g., print, social, experiential) and mediums (e.g., animations, photoshoots, films)
- Work alongside Designers to develop high-quality and relevant work, using the appropriate tools and inspiring the team to elevate the idea further through their involvement and encouraging design innovation
- Take responsibility for quality of art direction for assigned accounts, addressing challenges as needed and offering solutions and proactive ideas to enhance the work
- Mentor members of the creative team; provides feedback and support to peers; reviews and approves the work of less experienced members of the team
- Proven experience as an Art Director with a varied conceptual portfolio demonstrating award-worthy ideas, experiences, print and digital work
- You should have a strong art directional eye, exceptional instinctive taste and meticulous attention to detail that promotes the creation of beautiful work (even under tight brand guidelines)
- You are a conceptual thinker who’s able to take creative and strategic thinking and convert it into beautiful work by leading a team through the initial ideation stage all the way through to final delivery.
- Confident and capable when liaising with clients and colleagues
An inclusive workplace
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Publicis Health.
- Diversity & Inclusion management
- Anonymised CV submissions
- Mandatory unconscious bias training
- Career and school programmes to build industry access for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
- Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
- A mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.