Up to £45,000 depending on experience
** Remote/home working allowed **
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their ‘Why’s it like that?’ curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
…And right now, we are looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to work in our insurance business at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships and leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be responsible for contributing to the operation of and delivery from a technical area of the insurance business, being part of a team and running the regular actuarial reserving, reinsurance, and Solvency II workstreams.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst your skills are both technical and non-technical, with expertise in core actuarial disciplines. You will excel at investigating data and trends and communicating technical output clearly and confidently to stakeholders at all levels.
You will contribute to satisfying regulatory requirements on capital (Solvency II) and accounting (IFRS) reporting bases. Understanding and monitoring the impact of machine learning use cases is also key. Collaboration is essential as you link with different teams both internally and external with auditors and consultants.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if you have these specialist skills, then we would like to hear from you.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst your top responsibilities will be:
- Managing the monthly reserving process, clearly communicating the results to the team and wider business
- Supporting the annual audit process and independent actuarial reserves review
- Contributing to Solvency II capital reporting requirements across all 3 pillars
- Supporting the annual reinsurance renewal process
Saga’s Culture & Team:
- Supporting Saga’s culture and values
- Being transparent and approachable
- Being a technical champion, driving continual improvement and efficiency
- A self-starter developing both yourself and others in the team
- Supporting SAGA’s risk aware culture and consider it in everything you do
- Following the relevant legal and profession standards
- Working to governance requirements for financial reporting purposes
- Maintaining and developing transparency and documentation for all team processes
- Degree in Mathematics or related discipline
- Progress towards fellowship of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries desirable
- Knowledge of reserving, capital modelling and reinsurance (ideally UK personal lines)
- Solvency II and IFRS17 knowledge desirable
- Passionate about analytics and problem solving with focus on delivering high quality output
- Communication (written and verbal), integrity, independence, judgement, and influence
- Successfully contributes to a fun, fast-paced, agile environment
- Wider market knowledge
- ResQ or similar reserving software
- MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- SQL/Snowflake, Tableau, or similar MI tools
- Remetrica/risk modelling software
A Fit to Our Values:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/74/1645