Salary: £11.05 – £11.05
Shift hours: Part Time
About the role
At Sodexo, safety is the priority, and our passionate team of Security Officers always ensure we deliver this crucial service. If you have high interest in providing a secure environment for those around, you’re the right candidate to join us!
You’ll carry out patrols, operate the security/CCTV, assisting police and management during investigations and write reports detailing incidents.
A few things about you
This is a customer facing role, so experience would be key. We need somebody with awareness and good verbal and written communication skills.
As Security Officer, you must hold an SIA front-line DS licence and have experience working in a similar role. If you hold an SIA CCTV licence great! If not, we still want to hear from you, course and licence can be provided.
As Sodexo embeds a strong Safety culture in everything we do, there will be compliance procedures, site specific guidelines and regulations to follow so it is vital that you manage and maintain all site records and incident reporting.
- Provide a first point of call for visitors and contractors to the site and issue visitor/contractor badges and log visitors/contractors entering and leaving the main buildings;
- Communicate with staff, students, visitors and contractors regarding enquiries, incidents and emergencies.
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of CCTV
- Monitor CCTV screens and take appropriate action as required, control and monitor issue of keys to staff and contractors and key codes to students as necessary;
- Respond immediately to intruder/panic/fire alarms upon activation
- Attend training courses/sessions relating to your scope of duties
- To diligently take and hand over every duty shift ensuring that a full check of the Daily Occurrence and Incident Report books is carried out on each take over of duty.
- To provide security support across all of the University of Greenwich contract
- Have a sound knowledge of Security techniques
- Able to use computer systems in operation within the security section.
- Understanding of the CCTV system in operation.
- Understanding of alarm systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative, individually and within a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- All employees are expected to adhere to Sodexo health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations
- To be able to write accurate, legible operational logs, security reports and statements.
- Working Knowledge of BS7858:2013
- CCTV Licence
- First Aid
- Fire Warden
Location: London, England