Sales Assistant – Seasonal
4 Hours per week
Contract end date: 31st December 2023.
Become a Seasonal Sales Assistant
As a Seasonal Sales Assistant, you’ll join our merry crew and help make this holiday season the best one yet! Supporting our busy peak period leading up to the holiday, you will be the heart of our retail store, welcoming customers with a friendly smile and inspiring them to read, learn, create, or play!
We have lots of deliveries and seasonal stock to manage. The role can be physically demanding and hard work – you’ll need to be physically comfortable managing stairs and heavy stock, but our supportive team of crafty, caring, and can-do colleagues will be there to lend a helping hand!
Joining us during this period is a great way to take advantage of our 25% colleague discount to help in the run up to holiday season.
The Works is an awesome place to… well, work! Our atmosphere is supportive, friendly, and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
Our environment is always moving and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners. Because even superheroes need some downtime to fuel their imaginations!
Your Festive Mission
- Excite and Delight: Spread joy with your friendly service and inspire customers to read, learn, create, or play with our fantastic products!
- Loyalty Ambassador: Spread the word about our awesome loyalty card scheme, letting customers know they can get more for their money – they’ll thank you for it!
- Merchandising Marvel: Show off your creative flair by following our planograms for key product areas, and when you have the freedom, let your creativity run wild in non-planogrammed spaces to catch the eye!
- Deliveries: Become a puzzle-master as you manage heavy deliveries, price & label products like a pro, sort items onto shop floor displays and make sure the stockroom is shipshape!
- Have fun! Be your best, authentic self and embrace the opportunity to connect with our brand, colleagues, and customers. Have a blast while making the store a happy place to visit and work.
Skills That Will Set You Apart
- Genuine and Authentic: Your positivity, creativity, and passion for our brand and products shine through. Talking to people is your superpower, and customers can’t resist your helpful recommendations!
- Resilient Champion: You can handle the fast-paced retail environment like a boss, juggling busy days, heavy deliveries, and customers with ease. You’re the ultimate multitasking hero!
- Stock Management Guru: You tackle the challenge of sorting, pricing, and merchandising deliveries like a pro! Embrace the boxes; they’ve got nothing on you!
- Tech Whisperer: Embrace the tech-tastic world of tills, PCs, smartphones, and e-mails with a breezy flair! In the fast-paced retail world, you’re agile, organised, and always put customer experience first!
Our Festive PERKS Really Are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount! – Plus, exclusive Double Discount days!
- MyWorks – Access exclusive online discounts across hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more!
- Can-Do Academy – Grow your skills with instant access to further training and development in areas that interest you.
Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them – for when ‘life’ happens!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our partnership with the Retail Trust who provide an Employee Assistance Programme and so much more!
To inspire reading. learning, creativity and play – making lives more fulfilled.
We are Crafty | We are Caring | We are Can-do
Bristol BS1 3HT
Salary: Minimum wage plus overtime, fixed term contract
Job Type: part time
Full Address: 8 The Horsefair, Bristol BS1 3HT, UK