In a Nutshell
A unique opportunity has arisen here at Pennyhill Park, we’re actively seeking a Restaurant Manager to lead the team for our Michelin star restaurant, the Latymer.
Latymer – Pennyhill Park’s fine dining restaurant offering bold flavours in dishes using locally sourced ingredients inspired by the seasons. Awarded a Michelin star for 2021 and 5 AA Rosettes, you can experience exquisite tasting menus for dinner.
Head Chef Steve Smith is widely regarded as one of the most inventive and gifted chefs of his generation. Renowned for his modern British cooking, founded on using the finest seasonal ingredients available. Steve has held a Michelin star for the last twenty years, also earning Five AA Rosettes, 8/10in the Waitrose Good Food Guide and winning a Catey Award for Chef of the Year in 2014.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
As the Latymer Restaurant Manager will be expected to;
- Lead by example with regard to service standards as required for 1 Michelin Star restaurant
- Deliver a truly warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors dining in the restaurant
- Work with the team to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded at all times in all areas of restaurant service delivery
- Posses an outstanding knowledge of all food, wines, cooking techniques and allergy requirements to ensure guests can be advised appropriately at all times
- Posses an outstanding knowledge of restaurant service styles
- overseeing shifts. Remaining hands on within the operation and motivating the team
- Always ensure the restaurant is consistently presented, with a strong focus on quality, cleanliness and hygiene
- Competently manage the ordering and control of stock items ensuring availability at all times
- Help manage back of house service areas to include cleanliness, hygiene, stock control and wastage
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with the kitchen team
- Be responsible for training and mentoring the Restaurant front of house team
- Optimise sales and work alongside the Head Chef to develop the business
- Carry out Duty Management shifts as required
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Restaurant Manager will have;
- Previous managerial experience in a fine dining restaurant
- A true passion for all things food and beverage
- A strong background from within hotel or restaurant sector preferably at a 5* luxury / Michelin star standard
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a passion and strong knowledge for all things food and beverage.
- An understanding of the ingredients we use, cooking methods and understand various dietary requirements
- The determination to create a memorable guest experience
- Drive to work within the pressure of a busy luxury restaurant environment
- WSET level 3 would be an advantage
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 29 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.