Spark of Genius Children’s Service is part of the CareTech Family. Established in 1993, CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care and support solutions to children, young people, and adults across the UK.
We are recruiting for a Residential Support Workers to join our team at Spark of Genius.
Spark of Genius are a leading provider of education and residential care throughout the UK offering individualised pathways to empower and enable children and young people. We have several small residential homes, which runs 365 days a year, for Children, and Young People aged between 7 -19. Our national exposure sets us apart from other providers.
We have over 20 individual services offering care in small, beautiful homes alongside modern schools built around the needs of our Children and Young People
The homes cater for vulnerable and in some instances challenging children and young people. Our homes provide a therapeutic environment to support children and young people who have a variety of needs.
Residential Support Worker Essential Skills:
· Committed to providing an inclusive, inspiring, living environment
· An understanding of working with complex needs with Children and Young People
· A passion for working with Children and Young People
· Ability to gain relevant qualifications within 5 years as set by the SSSC
· Able to work in a Challenging Environment
· Provide Flexibility to ensure consistency for the Children and Young People
Residential Childcare Worker Desirable
· HNC in Social Care, SVQ level 3 in Care or equivalent preferred but not essential
· Experience of Residential Care and/or Social Work preferred
Company Mission Statement
We aim to function as one coherent residential childcare system with consistent policies, practices, procedures and management across all of our homes. As part of this system, we will deliver care to the standards set out in the National Care Standards. Spark of Genius work tirelessly to provide a safe, nurturing yet stimulating environment in which young people that have experienced emotional pain, social and academic failure and rejection, can stabilise their behaviour.
· Up to 30 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
· Additional payments for overtime and sleep-ins
· Full Paid Induction Program
· Ongoing Training and Development
· Committed to achieving an HNC and SVQ in line with SSSC registration
· Dedicated learning and development programme
· Support to gain SVQ qualification
· EAP – Employee Assistance Program
· Pension Scheme
· Refer a friend ‘Scheme’ reward system
· *£500 welcome bonus
· Employee recognition schemes
· Annual Employee Awards Evening
· Free PVG Check
· Access to company vehicles (whilst at work)
· Access to CareTech Foundation (grants available for staff and families)
Who We Are!
Spark of Genius has several small residential homes which run 365 days a year, for children and young people for which we invite referrals. The homes cater for vulnerable and in some instances challenging children and young people. Our homes provide a therapeutic environment to support children and young people who have a variety of needs.
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us.
All candidates must be successfully registered with the SSSC within 6 months of employment.
If you haven’t heard back within 14 days please consider your application unsuitable on this occasion.
Data received in applications will only be used for recruitment purposes within the CareTech Group.
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER – SYS 2487
Location: Glasgow, G63 0LQ