We are looking for a Registered Mental Health / Registered Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Heathers, located in West Bromwich
Cygnet Heathers is a 20 bed CQC rated ‘Good’ service that provides neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments & observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, & improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives & other healthcare professionals
- Administer medicines within healthcare procedure & Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Competitve salary of £17.50 per hour (£38,220 per annum)
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card – includes big brand discounts.
- 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- RCNi membership
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more…
An experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Heathers is located in Great Bridge near Birmingham, which offers easy access to shops, local libraries, community centres and parks. A perfect blend of real life settings further supporting rapid recovery.
Our service user centred approach puts the individual at the centre of their own discharge planning. With the right support and our innovative and proactive rehabilitation environment, our aim is to support service users to return to the community or another suitable care pathway placement.
Our specialist pathway service offers the following:
- Established or suspected acquired or traumatic brain injury, such as hypoxia, encephalitis
- Huntington’s disease or other movement disorders, displaying abnormal movements or restricted mobility
- Alcohol related brain injury / Korsakoff’s syndrome
- Cognitive impairment
- Dysphasia or other communication problems
- Organic psychiatric disorder or organic personality disorder
- May present with challenging behaviour (aggression, utilisation behaviours or sexual disinhibition)
- May present with co-morbid psychiatric disorders including psychoses, learning disabilities or substance misuse
- May have a forensic history
If you are interested in finding out more, or would like to have an informal chat please contact the Hospital Manager Stephen Smith on 0121 796 2730
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply, or send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk
Job Reference: CYG25098