Want to make a difference? With over 120 services across England and Wales, come and make your mark in Care with Salutem.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Thurston House is a 7-bed residential care home in Newport Pagnell supporting adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health issues and complex care needs to live an active and fulfilling live.
Effectively manage the team through coaching, mentorship and development to inspire, and motivate, dealing effectively with performance issues when they arise.
Ensure that robust rostering and maintenance is in place to allow efficient running. To recruit appropriate staff where necessary. Be 'on-call’ for emergencies, which may arise within the service, and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
Maintain control of the budgetary spend within the service through regular monitoring
Effectively manage relationships with service users, their families, and people within the local community and with professional colleagues.
Provide reports and updates to the Regional Director, Divisional Director for Adults and other head office staff on the service’s performance and development.
Ensure staff members receive appropriate supervision and training in all aspects of their work and are given help and guidance where appropriate. Promote staff training and development and maintain up to date records.
Be responsible for infection control management. Monitor and review accident reports, ensuring regulatory bodies are informed of incidents when necessary e.g. Health Authorities/Boards, Environmental/Public Health, safeguarding boards, as well as adhering to internal reporting procedures
Ensure compliance with CQC and the local authority regulatory requirements. Prepare draft response to internal/ external Inspection Reports for approval by responsible Individual prior to issue.
Control the auditing and administration of drugs within the service and maintain the necessary records as and when required by the regulatory authorities, in line with NICE guidance and the legal framework.
This is a brief outline of the post holder’s key duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as an exhaustive list and may change according to service needs, following discussion with the post holder.
At Salutem, you’re not just a worker – you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We’re keen to reward our managers when they get things right because doing well is important to us. Our Management Bonus Scheme takes into consideration a range of KPIs from inspections, audits, staffing, finances, training, annual leave, sickness and more. Meeting targets in all these areas will result in a performance bonus. The better you do the bigger your bonus! Another great reason to work with us as we commit to rewarding your success!
Level 5 Health & Social Care Diploma
Apply now to build an amazing career with the Salutem family and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.