Could you be our new Registered Care Manager?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a motivated Registered Care Manager to join our residential service located in Barnet.
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. You will be responsible for our service in Barnet, a short walking distance from the local high street and its public transport network. Where we support 17 adults who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities.
As the Manager of our service, you will provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments and/or learning disabilities. You will effectively manage a team to deliver person centred, specialist services that meet organisational standards and expectations.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You must be willing to work towards a Level Five Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or be working towards an accredited award.
- You will need to have had proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation, as well as experience of managing misconduct, grievance and performance issues.
- Willing to work towards BSL level one or comparable sign vocabulary.
- Substantial experience of providing support including personal care.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job Categrory: Social Care
Job Reference: VP4FAE584C