Salary: £32000 – £41000
Shift hours: Part Time
Regional Adult Nurse – Taunton, Plymouth & Bristol
Permanent – Full time – 35 hours per week – (Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm) with some flexibility
Based from Taunton Branch but covering Taunton, Plymouth and Bristol
Salary – £32 000 – £41 000 pa – Dependant on experience
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We offer complex nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, provided in the client’s own home/ community setting and delivered by a nurse, heath care assistant or support worker.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent Nursing professional with solid Adult Nursing experience and a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to join our West Regional Team, supporting our current complex needs clients based in Taunton, Plymouth and Bristol areas.
The role of a Regional Nurse is to provide clinical expertise and professional leadership to specific branches within a designated region, to enable the planning and delivery of safe and high-quality complex care provision to adults in their own homes and community settings.
- To be accountable for and lead on the clinical components of care delivery
- To risk assess individual client referrals and to continually provide clinical input, expertise and advice relating to care-planning and delivery across the pathway and evaluate outcomes
- Attend meetings and/or liaise with MDT, commissioners, case managers and clients etc to build and manage clinical caseload
- To act as a clinical role model and leader for all members of staff
- To facilitate and deliver an ongoing programme of clinical knowledge/skills-training and competency assessments to non-registered members to enable them to competently deliver care with minimal supervision
- Maintain standards, proactively manage clinical risk, complaints and play a pro-active role in quality improvement
- Promote compliance and adherence to internal policies and standards
- Keep abreast of national standards and requirements surrounding adult services, and relevant specialism and work with colleagues across all regions to agree practice changes and implications
- Assist branches in assessing client complexity and ensure adequate registered nurse input is available to support carers in delivering safe and high-quality age-appropriate care
- Commitment to improving client/family experience at every step of the care pathway.
- Identify, develop and maintain new business streams
The role is regionally based i.e it covers a specified number of branches across a designated region and, therefore, will include regional travel. On occasions National UK travel may be required.
* Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early
** By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application. For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website
*** Disclosure and Barring Service Check – This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Take responsibility to ensure the highest standards of professional care are attained in providing safe, high quality care
- Lead on clinical decision making relating to complex care across the complex client pathway – as per policy, from the point of referral to implementation and evaluation of care delivery
- Participate in home visits to assess client’s needs and care preferences. Evaluate care provision, risk assess and support/train/assess unregistered carers
- To have overall responsibility for a group of clients including a specialist caseload, with an ability to lead the team in areas related to complex care provision
- To develop and maintain skills required to risk assess referrals and lead in planning client focused complex care packages – across the pathway
- To provide specific branches with professional advice, direction and support relating to the allocation and suitability of non-registered members to provide safe care to clients
- Provide direct care and support to clients in exceptional circumstances
- Provide safeguarding expertise and advice for branches. Promptly raise concerns and work with relevant agencies, as required
- To ensure that both verbal and written client reports meet the NMC standards and policies regarding record keeping and confidentiality
- Responsible for, ensuring that national and local safeguarding requirements and standards e.g NICE guidelines, RCN recommendations are adhered to
- Escalate concerns and/or unresolved issues to Clinical Lead for Adult Services
- Using technology, and training days, participate in service development by working creatively, and in partnership with Registered Nurses affiliated to other regions and branches
- To be aware and act in accordance with the NMC code of Professional Conduct
- Identify and develop new business streams
Education and training
- Work in conjunction with the regional trainer to deliver classroom training to develop the knowledge and skills of professional carers in routine care tasks such as pressure area care, safeguarding, nutrition and hydration.
- Provide teaching for carers to understand long-term conditions and specific disabilities
- Provide teaching and 1:1 competency sign-offs for professional carer to provide delegated healthcare tasks e.g. PEG feeding, use of buccal midazolam
- Support the on-going development of professional carers by highlighting examples of good practice as well as responding to areas where improvements are required
- Contribute to creating a learning environment which ensures carers develop and maintain the knowledge and skills required to provide safe high-quality care
- Contribute to developing and maintaining clinical competency frameworks in line with best practice recommendations
- Ensuring you are working in line with the most up to date knowledge and skills, as well as educational resources, to deliver clinical training to staff members. Where any known or perceived deficit exists, putting in place remedial actions and escalating concerns to the regional clinical lead and head of clinical services.
Leadership and Management
- Work in partnership, maintain good relationships and communicate effectively, with all branch staff members.
- To work in a collaborative manner with other agencies to ensure a seamless delivery of care to families
- Take responsibility for maintaining registration and ensuring continuous professional development identified through appraisal/PDR’s.
- Ensure that ‘best practices’ are continuously maintained in delivering client care
- Develop audit skills and contribute to auditing of complex care clients and ensure that the results of the audits lead to appropriate action being undertaken by all branch staff and members to improve care.
- Contribute to the evaluation of changes introduced to clinical care.
- Ensure clinical incidents, adverse events and complaints are correctly reported, recorded and escalated in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the investigations and responses relating to adverse events and/or complaints and ensure actions are implemented, lessons learnt and shared, and improvements to practice and services implemented
- Work alongside fellow Regional Nurses to ensure that learning is shared and disseminated throughout all branches, and that standards and practices relating to complex care are consistent
- Contribute and/or lead on policy development and maintenance surrounding complex care.
- Promote compliance with Prestige Nursing & Care policies and guidelines e.g. health and Safety, Infection prevention and control etc
- Take appropriate action to address unexpected changes and situations, escalating to Clinical Lead for Adult Services where issues and concerns are unresolved.
- Share best practice and appropriate market intelligence with team colleagues to ensure that clients and customer expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Instil confidence across the branch network to deliver and increase complex care business.
- Create ongoing and robust partnership working with client groups.
- Attend and contribute to internal and external meetings and forums as required and necessary to carry out role.
- Occasionally support with the day-to-day responsibilities of the team when required
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (D-Desirable, E-Essential)
- RN/RNLD/RMN with current NMC registration E
- Recognised teaching qualification/experience E
- Significant experience of care management, including relevant clinical experience, in the community or hospital setting with evidence of professional development E
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines and managing resources D
- Management of risk and health and safety E
- Experience of safeguarding adults and children procedures and ability to implement E
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written E
- Ability to work on own initiative as well a part of a team – self-motivated E
- Coaching and mentoring skills, teaching qualification D
- Evidence of success in leading/managing significant and sustained change D
- Effective people management skills E
- Ability to negotiate, influence, escalate and seek advice E
- Experience in interpreting and analysing data and meet deadlines D
- Excellent IT and presentation skills E
- Awareness of budgetary management and control E
- Knowledge and application of HR procedures E
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and application of clinical governance E
ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative E
- Can do approach E
- Ability to work independently and within a team E
- Ability to travel to and from specified branches within a designated region E
- Car driver with current license and insurance E
- Demonstrate good leadership skills. E
- Professional in manner and appearance. E
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity E
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values E
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values E
Location: Taunton, England