Recovery Support Worker
Location: London Road, Portsmouth
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
We are seeking to recruit a Recovery Support Worker to join our idyllic Supported Living service in Portsmouth who share our vision for high quality Mental Health recovery services.
To undertake support duties to residents with varying degrees of mental health illness, in line with agreed plans and direction by the clinical team using a recovery focussed model.
You will report directly to the Registered Manager of the service.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Rewards & Benefits:
- £250 Recommend A Friend Bonus
- Up to 28 Days Holiday
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics for self-development of your career
- Free DBS Check
- Stakeholder Pension
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee Recognition Schemes
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
Who we are!
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIEs
Location: Portsmouth, PO2 9AJ