– Manage the tracking of all Real Estate legal documents, with internal and external counsel, including document signing and completion, lease extracts and translations, to agreed deadlines.
– Extract relevant lease data from all related legal documents for new leases, amendments and renewals, and enter into the lease extract form.
– Where necessary, instruct, manage and track receipt of lease extract forms from external counsel.
– Check and validate correct and full completion of lease extract forms, liaising with internal and external legal teams where relevant.
– Liaise with Burberry Business Services (BBS), Group and Regional Finance teams to review and update the Monthly Lease Tracker, ensuring all data is current and complete and responding to any corresponding queries.
– Provide support to BBS for all IFRS16 and lease related queries – providing documentation and lease extracts as requested, and respond to all turnover rent and indexation related rent queries.
– Review and validate lease data entry into the CoStar Global Lease Database by the Central Lease Database Resource.
– Ensure timely flow of real estate information from Legal team to EMEIA Real Estate, the Central Lease Database Resource, Group and Regional Finance teams.
– Deal with associated lease queries from the Group and Regional Finance teams.
– Submit and save all completed lease extracts as agreed in the IFRS 16 process.
– Manage the filing system for all completed forms, leases and real estate related documents within the agreed naming conventions into the Legal Files and distribution to the relevant Burberry regional contacts.
– Provide legal support to the Principal Counsel, Real Estate and the Real Estate team, reviewing and assisting in negotiating lease agreements, amendments, renewals, construction agreements and other real estate agreements.
– Assist with drafting, negotiating and tracking lease related documents including by way of example letters of intent/heads of terms, summary of terms and conditions of agreements, legal notices, NDAs, general correspondence and other real estate memoranda.
– Respond to real estate enquires by evaluating real estate agreement language.
– Provide copy real estate documents on request from Burberry external auditors.
– Identify and communicate to Burberry Lease Accounting team any necessary adjustments to contractual rent payments.
– Provide absence cover for Central Lease Database Resource and central support to Data & Process Manager on ad hoc basis.
– Any additional Lease Database/Lease Accounting related tasks that may be required from time to time, including liaison with and support to the SAPAC and Americas Legal teams.