The impact on the environment is across every news bulletin and every front page. You’re a Project Manager who has run multiple projects. Your customers trust you to deliver, and you go out of your way to meet your commitments. You’re thinking about moving your career to something which means more. You want to be involved in making our world a better place, leading and collaborating on projects that contribute toward solving some of the complex sustainability issues of our time.
Scrolling through LinkedIn jobs during your lunch isn’t bringing up anything to float your boat. It needs to be that one role that satisfies your appetite for challenge, your passion for sustainability and allows working with a team that collaborates and supports each other on projects that make a difference.
We have good news. EMR, one of the largest metal recycling companies in the world, is looking for you. We want you to challenge the way we do things, support us in continuously improving our approach, and lead key projects that contribute to our ambitious Decade of Action. If you are the person we described above, we want to hear from you.
- Project Management: Day to day management of several projects across the business, including creating and monitoring project plans from inception through delivery, capturing resource requirements and managing project spend.
- Leading from the front: You are an honest, enthusiastic leader, nurturing and cooperating with differing personality types to get the best from your team.
- Challenging us: You understand that there is always room for improvement; you use your analytical approach to challenge the status quo and recommend alternatives.
- Making things happen: You have excellent decision-making capability and can manage multiple concurrent tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Collaborating: You build, maintain and manage relationships through your honest, inclusive and dependable approach. You get the best outcome in the interests of the business, our customers and our suppliers. You will be visiting depots and meeting customers when you can to get a feel for our business and industry.
- Communicating: You prepare weekly and monthly reports related to your project for management and any other updates or reports, so the business knows what impact is being made and where.
- Relevant Project Management qualification; Prince 2 Practitioner/APM/PMP
- Lean Six Sigma (black belt preferred)
- Experience of managing large projects/programmes successfully
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven delivery of performance improvement and change management.
- Proven as an effective people leader.
- Excellent IT skills (Advanced Excel, Creation of Project Plans, Risk Assessments).
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Extremely high standards and attention to detail.
Hours per week: 40