Programmatic Business Director
Wood Lane, London, W12
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship DEI and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
This is a leadership role working across a portfolio of Starcom clients including Stellantis and Visa.
A core part of the role also involves liaising with internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities as well as helping shape and evolve Starcom’s programmatic products in order to fit the needs of our clients, the wider agency and continuing to transition spend into programmatic.
We are looking for someone who motivate, educate, and develop a large team. Whilst the successful candidate will be well supported, it is expected that they should be able to ‘hit the ground running’, and for the most part be able to manage their team autonomously, and be the key senior contact for Performics, Investment Teams, Planning and Clients.
Core responsibilities of the role are:
- Own programmatic strategy and campaign performance for each advertiser.
- Lead senior-level meetings concerning campaign activity.
- Developing Programmatic, innovation, test and learn road maps.
- Develop programmatic strategies at a client specific level and ensure delivery of core Business KPIs.
- Lead non-core client workflows, such as scoping new projects and initiatives to drive forward the programmatic product.
- Full understanding of programmatic capabilities and an ability to talk independently about opportunities in client meetings and with the team.
- Proactively work with internal teams to build client solutions.
- Excellent relationships with tech, media, and other suppliers (e.g. DMP, verification partners, etc.) at a senior level.
- Lead the development of clear individual responsibilities / structured training plans / team competence / KPI setting of your team.
- Lead, inspire, guide, show the way, and be a role model.
- Line management: responsible for your team’s wellbeing, workflows, and learning and development plans (inclusive of appraisals)
- Cascade best practice down, inclusive of financial due diligence and completion of administrative tasks.
- Promote knowledge of programmatic buying within the agency.
- Promote programmatic products and integrate programmatic into the agency's planning teams.
- Provide input into new business pitches using programmatic techniques.
- Contribute to new and innovative ways to develop the programmatic offering.
- Case studies: share and present the work of the programmatic team.
- Prior relevant experience within a digital agency, specifically in programmatic disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, etc.)., and a broader understanding of the UK media marketplace.
- Extensive experience of managing teams, inclusive of individuals with 3+ years’ experience. Effective at people management and compliant with following policies and practices in line with the talent team. Good knowledge around recruitment, performance management best practice, motivation, development plans, and issue resolutions.
- Ability to offer strategic advice to large-budget advertisers about their programmatic campaigns.
Publicis Groupe operates a hybrid working pattern with employees being office-based on Mondays and two other days during the working week.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.