In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Planner to join our team within Vistry Works, at our factory in Narborough, Leicester. As our Production Planner you will be responsible for planning, developing and providing efficient end-to-end production plans and worksheets/schedules to the management team in a Timber Frame build environment. You will also be responsible for managing and communicating any changes to production plans in an efficient and timely manner. The Production Planner is required to be detail-oriented and an experienced production planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The production planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or AX2012 is essential for this role, with experience of operating it in a manufacturing and/or logistics environment highly desirable
- You will need to have a high level of mathematical ability, problem-solving skills, and a methodical and logical approach to production planning
- You will have ability to form and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors, and have a strong commercial awareness a production/logistics environment
- You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure, whether that be on your own initiative or as part of the wider team
- Knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional production planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organisational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
- You will be able to support the wider Microsoft Dynamics team in ad hoc projects and reporting activities
More about the Production Planner role…
- You will work alongside our Group Microsoft Dynamics 365 Partner and our internal management team on the succesful operation and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- You will manage and monitor all production movements and production status changes, importing and monitoring all sales orders and invoicing
- You will be responsible for providing status reports on production and sales orders, including the monitoring of all available stock and liaising with the Transport and Logistics Manager on current and future deliveries and any potential impacts on production plans and/or sales orders
- You will provide reports and information from Microsoft Dynamics 365 to the management team, including the Finance department, whilst working alongside all colleagues seeking to continually improve the production processes and seek efficiencies within the Vistry Works division
- You will use your working relationships to ensure that the ERP system and processes are fit for purpose, supporting all implementations and new releases/changes
- You will support all system related matters to ensure that any issues are resolved efficiently, and carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Unit D,Mortimer Road, Leicester, LE19 2GA