Job Title: Procurement Officer (Part Time)
Salary: £8,524 per annum
About the Role
What You Will Do
- Support and assist the Head of Procurement and the Procurement Manager with their day to day duties.
- Maintain the Supplier Database including all changes relating to that to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Manage the Purchase Cards process including making purchases for departments that do not have access to a purchase card
- Assist with the creation and processing of requisitions for goods and services
- Administer processes for conversion of requisitions into purchase orders and their distribution to suppliers.
- Advise and assist budget holders with processes for obtaining quotations for the supply of goods and services and with decision-making about acceptance of quotations.
- Comply with Luminate Education Group Financial Regulations and Procedures and maintain a pro-active and diligent approach to fraud awareness.
- Literacy and numeracy at Level 2/GCSE grade C/Level 4 or equivalent
- Must have experience of using Microsoft Office systems and databases, (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly organised with the ability to work to demanding deadlines and deliver outcomes in an accurate and timely manner
- Exercises absolute integrity in respect of confidential matters and to ensure that any specified procedures for ensuring the security and confidentiality of information are always maintained
- It would be great if you had any previous experience of working in procurement or using financial systems
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement – If you work full time, you’ll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts – employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting – discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities – including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities – this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.