We are now looking for an ambitious and innovative Process and Project Development Engineer to join our national engineering team based in the Midlands. This role is a position that will allow the successful person to make a demonstrable impact within a world-leading organisation which maintains a family feel.
This role is part of EMR’s Engineering Team, and sits right at the heart of our development programme. This role works with colleagues to provide engineering solutions, process optimisation and laboratory analysis to support the operating business.
- Identifying opportunities to operate existing processes better
- Technical and commercial investigation of new business and project opportunities, including potential acquisitions
- Designing, supervising, analysing and reporting on process development trials
- Managing the gathering, interpretation and presentation of data to provide the basis of decision making and process development
- Developing trialled concepts into process flow diagrams and mass balances with preliminary financial evaluations
- Preparing business cases to justify development of new processing or business activities
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline would be useful, but not essential. Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Mineral Processing are particularly relevant.
- A demonstrable understanding of materials behaviour during processing
- The relevant experience might include:
-Similar material process industry (recycling, mining, quarrying, manufacturing eg steel, cement, food, and pharmaceutical, etc.)
-New process development including concept development and process trials
-Research, either in an academic or industrial organisation
- A track record in:
-Yielding results from delivering innovative, technically challenging projects
-Creating added value from new thinking
Hours per week: 40