Salary: £28,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Northumberland are currently recruiting for 3 plumbers. You will carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all plumbing, heating, ventilation and hot / cold water systems.
HMP Northumberland are recruiting a Plumber to join the Maintenance Team. If you have experience working as a plumber and enjoying working as part of a team, this could be a great opportunity for you.
As a plumber, you will be responsible for installation, examination and maintenance within the prison. Our site is large and varied, with buildings of various ages and uses, including residential house blocks, kitchens, classrooms, workshops and offices.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms. This is a varied role for a plumber who enjoys working as part of a team and has the desire to work in a complex and rewarding environment
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all plumbing, heating, ventilation and hot / cold water systems.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing/mechanical systems and fixtures
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required
- Ensure all work to be carried out by the relevant trade Standards
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Undertake duties, as required that contribute to the effective operation of the prison.
- Participate in ‘out of hours call out procedures’ on an “On Call” rota system and take appropriate action
- Work in accordance with Sodexo’s policies and procedures
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- High level of inter- personal skills
- Completion of plumbing / mechanical apprenticeship.
- Have a positive approach to Health and Safety
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines
- Flexible approach to assisting other trades
- Mechanical engineering experience would be desirable
Location: HMP Northumberland, Wansbeck Rd, Morpeth, England