Salary: Competitive Salary + Vehicle + Remote Working + Benefits
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Plant Trainer to be based from our Head Office in Abergavenny, South Wales. this is a hybrid / remote working role so therefore we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas – Cornwall, Devon, Exeter, Cardiff, Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Holyhead, Rhyl, Chester, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry
The Plant Trainer will work closely with the training department for the development and delivery of the training plan throughout our operational sites. Griffiths run a self-deliver model and have a large inhouse plant fleet You will actively build and deliver the training plan and drive performance to high levels. You will lead, coach and mentor your colleagues ensuring that the company exceeds expected levels of performance, and in turn this provides high plant availability and excellent levels of support for the operational teams.
Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Have a proven track record of successful self-delivery training strategies
- Managing a data base of 250 plus staff trained in plant operating
- Being willing to travel to all AGC contracts for any of the above prepared to have nights out when necessary to maximise working week.
- Monitoring expiry of qualifications and communicating with staff for renewals
- Co-ordinating training / assessments with site teams
- Carrying out MPQC assessments on various categories – training will be provided to obtain MPQC qualification
- Supporting the development of Apprentices / Staff in plant operating and prepare training plans when required
- Coach operators in utilisation and working modes to support business in reaching net zero
- Advise on Health & Safety matters when required
- Deliver Toolbox Talks and take part in briefings / stand down days
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
You will be required to provide flexibility in this role a vehicle is provided with this role so you must have a FULL UK manual car driving license with no more than 6 points
The successful applicant in the role of Plant Trainer will be instrumental in the future development and support of the training culture to achieve the benefits available through our continuous improvement strategies. You will have experience as a Plant Trainer within a similar heavy plant industry and the delivery of training to colleagues will be essential.
Plant Trainer – Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- ESSENTIAL Experience in Plant Testing / Training
- ESSENTIAL Experience of operating a number of plant categories
- Confident coaching experienced operators in utilisation of plant
Furthermore, we would like candidates to ideally have an industry approved Plant Testing / Training qualification and a First Aid certificate.
Location: Abergavenny, Gwent, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/3209