We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Extensive training packages
- Free use of centre equipment in personal time
- Accommodation available upon request
- 24 days of annual leave pro rata
- Reduced price access to Centre activities and courses for your family
- Free access to Centre courses (subject to availability)
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to pass on your passion for the Outdoors? Do you want to work in a rewarding environment focussed on the development of yourself and others?
We have a variety of contract types available to suit your personal working patterns.
Our instructors are responsible for providing high quality outdoor learning experiences to our customers, whilst ensuring the safety of all participants. This will involve delivering a range of land and water based activities, as well as ensuring all parts of the customer visit run smoothly. You may also be required to work evenings and weekends and be on-call overnight on occasions.
Please see the attached Job Description for further info.
We are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals who are committed to developing themselves and others. They must be focused on delivering the best service to our customers
– a smile and a sense of humour are a must! We will be looking for the following in our ideal candidate:
- A passion for outdoor learning.
- At least one of the following Instructor qualifications: RYA Dinghy Instructor, RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor, BC/UKCC Level 1 Canoe/Kayak Coach or Paddlesport Instructor, Single Pitch Award/Rock Climbing Instructor or Climbing Wall Award/Instructor
- Valid First Aid qualification.
- The ability to provide safe, purposeful and fun sessions that meet the needs of our clients.
- Able and confident to communicate well with both adults and children.
Please see the attached Person Specification for further info, and explain how you meet the criteria in your application.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.