Operations Manager (Security)
£35,000 + per annum.
Remote role covering contracts in Birmingham, Kidderminster, Leicester, Nottingham and Stoke
Transforming security delivery.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for 15 man guarding 24/7 contracts, the contracts range from retail parks and corporate, education sites
Reporting into the Regional Manager, the role of Operations Manager will support the drive for profitable growth in the Region through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through the Amulet Values. Delivering excellent service to existing Local and National customers, improving operating efficiency and expanding the portfolio.
As Operations Manager you’ll be:
- Ensuring that all rostering is accurate to ensure no employee pay queries, no dropped shifts and invoices are accurate.
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of Amulet policy and relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and reporting, highlighting any risk of significant variances as they arise, taking action where needed.
- Responding to client queries, meet with clients and complete KPI reports as required.
- Organising the training in compliance with both contractual and wider legal requirements
As Operations Manager you’ll have:
- Evidence of strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within a very busy work environment.
- Ideally hold a SIA Security Guarding or Door Supervisor licence.
- A full driving licence.
- Experience in managing security operations across multiple contracts.
This role will require vetting checks which will include a credit check, 5-year address and employment history.
What we offer you
The opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing specialist FM providers in the UK. This means that as our teams continue to grow, so can you.
The good stuff
- We are employee-owned, making you a beneficiary of our future success.
- Two paid volunteering days annually – from beach cleans to supporting your local community. You choose…
- More than 250 perks and hundreds of exclusive deals and discounts
- Lots of training, development & apprenticeship opportunities to grow and progress your career.
- Our Mosaic committee & Mental Health First Aiders leading the change on all things Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion at Churchill
- All year-round recognition and annual awards programme to thank our shining stars.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Churchill is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest network. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments, we can make to support you during our recruitment process. We’re happy to help…
Start Date: ASAP
Job Tenure: Permanent Full Time