About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Retail / Trading team as a Online Warehouse Assistant, based in Crayford. This is a part time role working 22.5 hours per week, on a 6 month fixed term basis. There may be opportunity for the role to be made permanent at a later date.
Your role will entail assisting the Online Manager to effectively manage the day to day running of the Online Department with the aim of achieving optimum profit by maximizing sales.
- To assist with picking and packing online orders
- To assist the Online manager and Online assistants with processing stock for sale which may include heavy lifting.
- To assist the Online Manager ensuring that the Online department achieves budgeted sales.
- Ensure that all Sense and host online policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all administrative tasks related to the effective running of the online department are accurately and fully completed at all times.
- To assist the donated stock manager in processing stock within a warehouse environment.
Key skills and experience
- Basic knowledge of using a computer and the Internet
- Possess an interest/awareness in online selling
- Experience of working effectively on your own and as a part of a team
- Experience of dealing with customers and providing excellent customer care
- Able to calculate figures and competently undertake administration tasks
For a full job description and person specification please see the links below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you require any further assistance please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to a DBS check; level dependant on the nature of the role.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment.
No agencies please
Job Categrory: Admin and Secretarial
Job Reference: VP8DD28BD1