An exciting opportunity has become available for a Paediatric Occupational Therapist at Craig-Y-Parc independent school.
Salary: £33,000-£36,000 per year
Location: Craig-Y-Parc School, Pentyrch, Cardiff, CF15 9NB. Part of the Salutem Care and Education Group.
Craig-y-Parc school provides education for pupils aged 3-19 years with physical and sensory disabilities, complex needs such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy and a wide range of additional learning needs. We work closely with the pupils, parents, families and other carers and professionals, creating an environment where learning, ability, independence and success are central to all that we do.
Our mission is to provide a specialised service through a holistic approach incorporating best practice in education, therapy and care.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Occupational Therapist who has experience of working alongside children with a wide range of physical and developmental needs. Experience in one of more areas of postural management, specialist seating, sensory development, hand splinting and moving and handling is required.
Much of the therapy takes place in the classroom in partnership with teachers, support workers, nurses, physiotherapist and speech and language therapist so the ability to work collaboratively is essential. The school facilities also include a hydrotherapy pool, rebound trampoline, sensory room and gardens providing pupils with a wide variety of opportunities. The therapy team is looking to develop the service further, so this is an exciting opportunity to be part of that.
To engage pupils in meaningful occupations using the curriculum to deliver therapeutic interventions and life skill development. Including access to appropriate equipment, specialist seating, sensory development, hand splinting, moving and handling, play and self care skills.
To work closely with the multidisciplinary team including teachers, support workers, nurses, physiotherapists, assistive technology and speech and language therapists.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake assessment and care planning, promoting function and independence in pupils to enable and support their learning needs
- To be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of agreed occupational therapy aims and programmes that reflect the ethos of the school
- To work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and communicate effectively, in a timely and appropriate manner with colleagues, pupils and families
- To make sound and well-reasoned equipment and resource recommendations that support optimum use of the budget
- Promote function and optimal participation, enabling children and young people to access the curriculum and environment
- In conjunction with the physiotherapist, take responsibility for postural management and positioning within the school – including reviewing seating assessments, advising regarding positioning for a range of activities and ensuring the availability of appropriate equipment
- Working closely with the teaching team to plan appropriate play interventions within the curriculum to build on and maintain existing functional skills and promote independence
The benefits of working at Craig-y-Parc include
- Clinical supervision, training and CPD opportunities
- Competitive pension scheme
- Free parking
- Access to 34 acres of gardens
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.