Salary: £11.35 rising to £11.89 with level 2 diploma in health and social care
What you’ll do
Deliver a high standard of care, companionship and support to the residents, which respects the rights and dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Encourage their social interaction with family, friends, other residents and community organisations.
- Aged 17 years or over
- A genuine desire to help others and make a positive contribution from day one
- A friendly, committed, flexible team player, with a compassionate person-centred approach
- No care experience or qualification is necessary as you will be fully trained on the job. For those staff wishing to develop and obtain a qualification, we offer a level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and recognise this achievement with a higher rate of pay
We can offer
- Our unique recruitment and retention payment of £150 after completion of 6 months’ successful probationary period and £100 on completion of a further 6 months’ continuous service
- 28 days holiday increasing to 33 days inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff), depending on length of service (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£250)
- Contributory pension scheme – which both you and CHS will contribute to
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership (4 schemes)
- Corporate members of Edenred Travel Club
- Free on site/nearby parking
- Free tunics
- Free DBS check
- Full induction
Langdon House is part of the charitable organisation CHS Group and offers a specialist care environment ideal for dementia care. What makes us different is our ongoing commitment to make a positive difference to individual lives and to invest in ongoing organisational training and personal development. If you would like to work for an organisation that provides the type of care that you would expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Clare Robinson, Manager or Zoe Patman, Deputy Manager or the Duty Manager on 01223 578601.
Please note this position is subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure. If you are registered with the online DBS Update Service, this may expedite your application process.