We are currently looking for a Medical Secretary to join our team covering Maternity Leave at Cygnet Hospital Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
The hospital is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland, within acres of peaceful fields. This quiet and tranquil environment offers great benefit to our service users who are able to walk in the expansive hospital grounds and take in the countryside scenery. Taunton town centre offers contrast to the quieter country life with market places, shopping malls and many other entertainment areas such as restaurants, theatres and cinemas.
Our person-centred service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users’ lives.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making difference to people’s lives.
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support to members of the medical team
- Maintain a good working relationship with clinicians & caring professionals
- Attend & take minutes at a variety of clinical meetings, hearings & tribunals
- Produce high quality admission & discharge summaries & tribunal reports
- Type minutes, care plan approach reports & care plan outcomes
- Create & maintain patient records & paper files
We are looking for someone who is…
- Service orientated, with secretarial experience
- Flexible, adaptable, organised & responsible
- An excellent typist, preferably to RSA 2 level & with audio transcription skills
- Calm under pressure & able to work independently & as part of a team
- A strong written & verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and databases
In return we’ll offer you:
- Group Pension
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 24 Hours Free GP Helpline
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site Benefits
- Free Mortgage Broker & Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP
- Free Eye Tests
- Car Lease Discounts
- Paid Life Assurance Company scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Click apply now or send your CV to email@example.com
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
Job Reference: CYG28592