At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Inspector to join our team in Tunstead Stone in Buxton. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (Methods), you will be responsible for the completion of all Stone’s inspection regime and the upkeep of the criticality study and condition monitoring systems. You will also be responsible for:
- Developing any Condition Monitoring systems used within Stone and building up a criticality study to ensure spares and plant is maintained to support the plant reliability
- The inspection and first line care of all of the Stone Section Plant and its assets
- Gatekeeping notifications inputted into SAP, ensuring task information is accurate prior to sending to planners
- Gatekeeping any returned work from the maintenance department adding any additional information into the work order
- Liaising regularly with the Execution Maintenance Supervisor and the Shift Supervisors
To be successful in this role you will have experience in heavy industry and maintenance of heavy industrial fixed assets. Ideally you will have worked in a similar heavy industry/quarrying background. You will also:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority levels both internally and externally
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess mechanical knowledge
- Be computer literate
- Be able to work within set timeframes
- You will need to be a time served apprentice or have had exposure in a relevant role.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering is essential
Location: Buxton, Derbyshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/116/879