Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car/Allowance + Benefits
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our Infrastructure Team within the South West England – Devon and Cornwall region.
We are seeking an inspiring, driven individual with a proven track record delivering complex and demanding construction projects, and, establishing, developing and maintaining complex working relationships. They will have the necessary experience of working with Senior staff to support the continuing growth of the business. This individual must be a proven leader with strong people skills to manage a busy and fast-paced working environment.
The location of this role is Exeter, however, the Managing Quantity Surveyor will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, company fixed locations or other locations as required by the demands of this role across the breadth of the region.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will report to the Commercial Manager and have line management responsibility for the regional Commercial Team, taking the lead commercially for contracts within their business area.
The successful candidate will assist with the development and implementation of the commercial strategy and contributing to the continuous improvement of commercial processes. They will be expected to demonstrate leadership and people management skills, to deliver an efficient commercial and contractual management service to company projects.
The post holder must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills to engage, inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve our goals. They must have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, sub-contractors, staff and all other stakeholders
Candidates must be technically and commercially astute with the gravitas to develop industry leading delivery teams and will be a key contact for establishing and maintaining client, supplier and partner relationships. This role will require both vertical and horizontal collaboration providing clear and precise support and direction at all levels.
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be considered, provided they can demonstrate suitable commercial management experience.
- Chartered to a relevant body such as RICS or CICES, or working towards this.
- Full driving licence.
- At least ten years’ experience working in construction.
- Senior level management experience and capability.
- Experience of ERP software packages such as COINS.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience dealing with multiple client and contracts.
- Experience managing and leading teams to achieve multiple objectives.
- Experience of planning, development and implementation.
- Sound understanding of construction law and common forms of construction contracts.
- Identifies strategic partnership.
- Networks across the business and the greater industry.
- Uses customer feedback data to support strategic direction.
- Acts as an ambassador for the company at all times by building a positive image.
Teamwork & Collaborative Working
- Maintains team functioning effectively.
- Motivates and builds team commitment with trust, fairness and equality.
- Builds and nurtures partnerships and collaborative working.
- Creates a lasting climate of openness and trust.
Initiative & Problem Solving
- Promotes operational learning, continuous improvement and innovation to promote revenue and margin growth.
- Forecasts potential problems for the team/company.
- Makes bold breakthrough decisions, skilfully separates opinions from facts.
Location: Okehampton, Devon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47942/3801