In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Southern, at our Basingstoke office. As our Management Accountant you will provide support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director in providing accurate and timely financial information to all stakeholders for decision making purposes and assist with the smooth running of the finance team. This will involve weekly and monthly reporting on cash and financial results. You will join a welcoming and friendly team and be based in an established, challenging, and vibrant region within Vistry Homes.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Working towards a professional qualification in accounting.
- Able to produce information accurately and to the stipulated deadlines.
- Experience of implementing new processes and procedures and consistently challenging such processes to improve the quality of output.
- Experience of using COINS would be beneficial.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and possess commercial awareness to effectively communicate at all levels across the business.
- Be flexible in their approach and be proactive in dealing with issues.
- From a housebuilding or construction background (although this is not essential as full training will be provided).
More about the Management Accountant role…
- Preparation of management accounts monthly.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports to Group.
- Assisting in preparation of weekly cash flow forecast.
- Production of reports to support the monthly forecast.
- Monthly written report on actual performance v budget and previous forecast.
- Production of overhead budget.
- Performing month end reconciliations and providing account analysis.
- Preparation and input of journals, pre-payments and accruals.
- Posting of house sale completion statements and journals to COINS.
- Monitoring daily bank movements including actual and 3 month forecast reporting.
- Any other finance duties as directed & required.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Central 40,Lime Tree Way, Chineham Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8GU