Salary: £22k – £25k depending on experience, fuel card, van, tool kit and pension
The Maintenance Technician will be accountable for a portfolio, consisting of adult and children services within their region and working with the service managers to provide best in class environments for the individuals we support. The post holder will form part of a team and report to the Regional Estates Supervisor who will instruct works required to be carried out.
- Attend the sites within their region on a regular basis to carry out works instructed by the Regional Estates Supervisor.
- Reactive repairs and planned works to include:
- Painting and Decorating Minor electrical works, lamp changes, light fittings and sockets
- General works to include putting up shelves, furniture, blinds and curtain poles
- Replacing general locks
- Grounds maintenance to include grass cutting, weeding, clearance of rubbish
- Basic electrics works to change a light switch/socket an advantage but not essential
- Basic plumbing works an advantage but not essential
- To use initiative and report any works required that can then be carried out by a maintenance technician or by an external contractor
- Escalate any issues to line manager
- To complete online Hippo training provided by the company
- Comply fully with Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Provide excellent customer service to location service managers and the people we support
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Individuals supported is their external customer
Location Manager is their internal customer
Regional Estates Supervisor is their Regional Supervision
Head of Estates is their National Management function