We are looking for a maintenance operative to join our outgoing, friendly team at our service in Kewstoke.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides emergency admissions services for men and women, and a pathway for women to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CBT, Schema Therapy, EMDR & DBT.
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance and planned remedial works to keep plant, services and vehicles in working order, keeping records of call-outs and routine checks as directed.
- Carry out a range of tasks including decorating, basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain equipment, services & vehicles
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment and potential hazards
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights.
- Experienced in a similar role, or have worked in a self-employed capacity in recent years
- Able to communicate at all levels & record detailed, accurate maintenance information
- Skilled at DIY & general maintenance
- Preferably experienced in the electrical/plumbing/construction industry
- Friendly, conscientious & an excellent team member with a positive attitude.
- Car Driver (advantageous)
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS – discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Job Reference: CYG34946