We are looking for a confident Maintenance Manager with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 4:00pm), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital Colchester.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester, rated Good by CQC in all areas, is a 54 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- The routine maintenance, repair and installation work completed on Cygnet Hospital Colchester property ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
- Oversee refurbishment works within the service in which they are employed
- Maintain Estates records
- Line management and budgetary responsibility for the maintenance department
- Compliance with Cygnet Health Care policies and procedures
- Management and leadership of the Maintenance Team
- Develop and implement robust management and accountability systems to ensure that maintenance services are planned, co-ordinated, delivered, monitored and documented effectively and in accordance with the Cygnet Estates Manual
- To be responsible for ensuring that building maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to appropriate legislation, standards and specifications
- Oversee that the hospital maintains the estate in accordance with statutory and mandatory requirements
- Experience of working in the building trade/estates management.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience in supervising and managing others.
- Experience of good working practice.
- Awareness of H&S, COSHH and RIDDOR regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise own work and work towards targets/deadlines.
- Good IT skills.
- Awareness of the Mental Health Environment and risks involved.
- Ability to work as an active member of the hospital team.
- Demonstrate awareness of Estates Legislation.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Free parking and free meals whilst at work
- NHS Discount and the Blue Light Card
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Job Reference: CYG29036