Salary: £13.50-£14.50ph Depending on skill set
Working as a key member of the Maintenance team, the Fitter will support the continued production of their allocated shift by performing reactive maintenance duties with the ability to have good fault-finding methodology. Performing set maintenance tasks in line with Planned Maintenance schedules.
- Perform a range of Mechanical activities good hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and methodical fault-finding abilities to support continuous production performance.
- Perform a range of mechanical activities such as installations, repairs and renovations, covering pumps, motors, Gear boxes and heavy plant.
- Responsibility for installation and replacement of high value equipment.
- Work to scheduled planned maintenance tasks and ensure they are completed on time.
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety to personnel or others is at risk or there may be damage to plant.
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Keep Maintenance/performance records
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Previous experience of factory work or physically demanding environments with Mechanical qualifications relevant to the machinery and plant at EMR Oldbury.
- Previous experience of working on heavy machinery and plant involving pumps. Motors, gear boxes knowledge for example.
- Able to read instruction manuals and drawings and interpret to correct issues and faults.
- Electrically competent and time served.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement and new plant installations.
Hours per week: 40