Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a LGV Driver C+E (Low Loader) to join our Tarmac Pave Team team based in Birtley. This role is easily commutable from Newcastle, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of LGV Driver C+E (Low Loader) works a varying work pattern and includes extremely good renumeration for both overnight and weekend working, which is expected as part of the role.
The responsibilities of the LGV Driver C+E (Low Loader) will include the day-to-day operations in support of the site.
To be successful in this role of LGV Driver C+E (Low Loader) you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Lorry and ancillaries are checked regularly and that any defects noted and highlighted to Fitter and office
- Loading and unloading of plant and equipment
- Ensuring that any journeys are undertaken safely and legally and that the loads checked and secure
- Ensuring that the journey is planned so that mobile plant equipment and materials arrive on site for the specified shift start time
- Liaising with the Plant Coordinator and Gang Foreman regularly and working together as a team
- Working safely and in conjunction with current Driving Regulations
- Comply with company standards and procedures and be in regular contact with the Transport Manager who will check such details and provide useful feedback plus help with any Driving Issues etc.
To be successful in this role of LGV Driver C+E (Low Loader) we are looking for a candidate who has driving experience, preferably within a similar work industry. They will also:
- Possess LGV (HGV) Class 1 licence
- Have a valid Digital Tacho Card
- Have a valid CPC Qualification Card
- Ideally demonstrate previous experience of loading/unloading mobile plant (highly beneficial but not essential)
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be motivated and able to work both independently and as part of the wider team
- Be flexible and adaptable in your working approach
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- ADR – Carriage of Dangerous Goods certification preferred but not essential
Location: Chester Le Street, County Durham, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/65533/3189