Salary: £21,968 – £30,151 per annum
Work Pattern: Permanent, Term Time Only + 1 Week. Full Time/Part Time
Closing Date: 3pm – 7th June 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 12th June 2023
Sowe Valley Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, caring and innovative Learning Mentor to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of our more vulnerable children by helping to remove barriers to learning.
Your main duties will include:
- supporting individuals and groups of children to ensure their academic, social and emotional needs are met
- to engage with families and carers in order to bring out the best in the children
- to continue to monitor attendance and punctuality
- maintaining detailed individual and group records
- using a range of assessment tools to identify pupils’ strengths and areas for development
- attend meetings and report to senior leaders
- supporting children at unstructured times of the day
- deliver a range of specific therapies and interventions in order to address pupils SEMH needs
We can offer you:
- a welcoming, friendly school community
- a committed supportive team of staff who want to make a difference by putting the wellbeing of children first.
- quality training opportunities
- delightful children who deserve the very best
- a designated Learning Mentor room in which to work
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about children’s learning, development and emotional growth
- is positive, committed and is able to use their own initiative
- embraces opportunities to work closely with parents, governors, outside agencies and the local community
- has good communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- has a good range of IT skills
- is an effective team player
- has energy, resilience and a good sense of humour
- has experience of working with children or young people and their families
Application packs are available to download below. Completed application packs are to be retuned directly to the school at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sowe Valley is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and reference checks.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the office and speak to Mrs H. Pilz on 02476 456063 or email@example.com
Further details are available by contacting the school on the above telephone number or email.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.