The purpose of this role is to work as a member of the Quality team ensuring that the routine testing required is complete, to ensure the optimum performance of the waste treatment process is carried out in a timely manner whilst also monitoring laboratory consumable stock levels and advising when purchase of new consumables is required.
- Providing scientific support for the process and product development of the Oldbury Landfill Avoidance Plant
- Investigating process variations and devising protocols to enable representative analysis of material streams at varying stages of the process.
- Developing Analysis protocols using a wide range of analytical techniques including XRF, FTIR, calorimetry, ICP-OES as well as functional analysis.
- The above will require a clear understanding of the Oldbury LAP process in addition to a working knowledge of customer processes.
- Keep abreast of new and developing technologies that may benefit both the Oldbury operations and other EMR functions.
- Provide analytical support to process development within EMR.
- Reporting and data collation
- Liaise with other sites within the EMR group, suppliers to EMR both material and equipment plus analytical service providers.
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of data management, being able to collate data and produce clear and concise reports.
Hours per week: 40