Salary: £9.50 – £9.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Lab Support Services Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Management of waste samples from completed laboratory analysis
- Collection of spent sample glassware from laboratory testing area
- Collate and return glass waste bottles to Site Waste
- Return empty glass bottles to supplier
- Maintaining cleanliness and 5S standards
- Booking in of Laboratory Samples
- Sorting samples into relevant categories and booking them into the laboratory using the sample record books
- Liaising with the shift supervisor once samples are booked in
- Highlighting “Red Lane” batches to shift supervisor
- Maintaining the Standards board up to date with expiry dates of all Standards
- Preparation of Standards and Buffers at the analysts request
- Control of laboratory consumables cupboard and maintaining stocks of consumables at correct levels
- Check laboratory stock of glassware and identify items that need to be ordered
- Collection of consumables and small items of equipment / accessories when delivered to site and transport to the Chemistry laboratory
- Unpack consumables delivery and place in laboratory storage locations
- Deliver small equipment / accessories to the appropriate person
- Daily and weekly checks in the Laboratory and record results on daily check sheets highlighting any failures or issues to the shift supervisor.
- Be active in 5S activities. This involves the following:-
- Being responsible for the 5S standards in the areas the role works in – wash area, standards preparation area etc
- Take on actions to improve 5S as identified
- Be involved in 5S audits of other areas within the laboratory and write up actions
- Training in tanker samples collection
- When requested collect swab samples from tanker deliveries of the hoses and connections and samples of the raw material
- Deliver these swabs and samples to the laboratory for testing
- Perform any other reasonable in-lab tasks to agreed work instructions.
- Responsibile for planning own daily tasks with guidance from local contacts.
- Regular liaison with customers to discuss their requirements – a customer facing role.
To operate to approved quality standards (e.g. GxP). Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used and results obtained
- Minimum qualification GCSE or equivalent grades A-C in a science subject, Maths & English.
- ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Ability to work supportively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative within the bounds of local procedures and SOPs.
- Ability to follow protocols consistently and to produce accurate records.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Good safety awareness.
- Previous experience in a GXP or laboratory environment is advantageous.
- This role suits someone who is organised with a good eye for detail, who is self-motivated and able to manage a complex workload with dynamic priorities and a range of timescales.
Location: GSK Stevenage, England