Broughton House is a 29 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Kitchen Assistant to assist with the preparation and provision of all meals for staff and residents whilst ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
You will be working 40 hours a week in a residential setting covering 10 hour shifts over 4 days which would include alternate weekends. Shift are 7.30am – 5.30pm (one shift a week will be 8am-6pm).
Please note applicants must be a car driver due to location of the home.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
In this role you’ll:
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of hot and cold meals in a safe manner
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home. To maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude toward clients, their families, staff, visitors and others
- Wash up after meals as well as being responsible for the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area
- Taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness
- Maintain accurate records, list of food supplies, freezer temperature requirements, etc. where requested/required while ensuring Statutory Health and Safety Standards in the kitchen and dining areas
We’re looking for people who have:
- Previous catering experience
- Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety Training
- Experience of working in a care or hospital environment
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Have good personal hygiene standards
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- 22 Days Annual Leave
- Regular coaching and support
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking at site
- Blue light card- NHS discounts- A wide range of offers from categories such as holidays, rail travel, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and many other items.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Job Reference: CYG30036