In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Joint Venture Accountant to join our team within Countryside Partnerships West, at our Bristol office. As our Joint Venture Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the Regional Finance Manager and Regional Finance Director in providing financial and commercial analysis and assisting in the provision of internal and external reporting and financial control with a focus on joint venture activities.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Strong academic record
- Working towards or qualified within ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office, Outlook and particularly Excel is vital
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical and IT skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Good understanding of the business
- Ability to explain technical financial information clearly to non-finance people
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to communicate to individuals at all levels
- Good team working skills
- Time management
- Experience working in a similar role particularly for a residential housebuilder
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry
- Experience using COINS (ERP system) desirable
More about the Joint Venture Accountant role…
- Support with the production of joint venture budgets, forecasts and monthly management accounts to strict deadlines.
- Completion of regular weekly and monthly management information relating to our joint venture activities
- Monitor performance against management plans to ensure that all results, trends and risks are clearly understood and communicated.
- Control of joint venture overheads and raising of accruals, prepayments and relevant journals.
- Regular chasing and reporting of outstanding sundry debtors.
- Raising ad hoc Sales invoices
- Raising purchase orders and coding invoices for relevant joint venture overhead costs
- Maintain and update the joint ventures financial systems and assist in their development
- Ad Hoc reporting and generation of information to support joint venture activities
- Provide general support to the team as and when required
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: First Floor, H2 Harlequin,Emerson Green, Bristol, BS16 7FN