This role is for an owner of the architecture of our Customer & Digital Platform, which consists of capabilities and technologies that underpin all our customer centric services. You will be responsible for setting the future direction of these capabilities, all supporting technology decisions and outlining a roadmap that meets the strategic needs of Burberry.
You will have a collaborative approach, at the intersection of business and IT, to develop solutions that meet our Digital Ambition & Retail strategy goals and lead a data-driven and customer-centric approach to deliver solutions in key markets like China, that require a more localised approach. You will have a balanced approach to delivery priorities and governance, understanding how risk can support prioritisation discussions.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the architecture for this Platform is:
- Being cohesive and consistent across the IT estate and our Tower model, seamless integration to multiple systems, and third-party products, services and applications.
- Meeting the future needs of our business and is flexible and adaptive to address changing demand.
- Meeting the functional and non-functional requirements of the Business and IT.
- Being responsive to the business needs, both globally and locally where relevant.
- Promoting the re-use of components, techniques and standards across delivery projects.
- Supporting delivery project to balance the business and IT demands of the platform.
- Ensuring delivery and the platforms are compliant with the relevant Burberry architectural principles.