Location – Hybrid 1-2 days a week at our Support Centre in Coleshill.
Become an Infrastructure Lead/Manager
In this role, you’ll be reporting to the Head of Technology Services and Operations, and your main responsibility is to be the backbone of our infrastructure and projects. Basically, you’ll be the go-to person for our Stores, Distribution Centre (DC), Support Centre (SC), and even our ecommerce website.
We’re on the hunt for someone who’s got the brainpower to think critically, take charge, and handle both big-picture strategy and hands-on action. You’ll be the expert who keeps tabs on all the trends in on-premises and cloud infrastructure, and spots those golden opportunities to give The Works a boost.
You’ll be hands-on, leading the team, and rolling up your sleeves to tackle projects head-on. It’s a real chance for an ambitious, technically strong & solutions focused Infrastructure Lead, to jump on board and help to shape our evolving Technology Services team.
The Works is an awesome place to… well, work! Our atmosphere is supportive, friendly, and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
Our environment is always moving and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners. Because even superheroes need some downtime to fuel their imaginations!
Incident Escalation – Be an escalation point for 3rd line incidents across the estate, undertaking root cause analysis and driving continuous improvement along with the wider team both in and out of hours.
Major Incident Management – Bringing together infrastructure investigation for major incidents and working to resolve these with minimal downtime to our stakeholders
Problem Management – Owning problem management for infrastructure & networks, prioritising, monitoring, reporting on and working with the team to remediate problems. Continually utilising incident trend analysis to reduce demand on incident management via root cause analysis. Ensuring the lessons learnt from each problem are identified and documented.
Capacity & Demand Management – Creating capacity management reporting, assessing BAU growth and project demands, forecasting future storage and compute needs.
Discovery, Design and Delivery – Managing technical discovery for potential projects and or service improvements. Working closely with the wider business areas to ensure technology is an enabler being hands on to delivery infrastructure technology projects
Cyber Security – Working with the vCISO, 24/7 SOC and the Head of Technology Services and Operations to identify and mitigate security risks. Including firewall reviews, patch management, vulnerability scanning, design reviews, GPO / OS hardening, pen test reviews, PCI compliance and responding to incidents as required.
Automation – As we drive automation throughout technology you will have proven experience is using tools and platforms such as Terraform, Powershell, Ansible and Power Automate.
Skills that will set you apart
- Windows Server design, build, management, and maintenance in a multidomain environment.
- VMWare design, build, management, and maintenance.
- Active Directory including AAD, GPOs & UAC.
- Expert of working with network switches & firewalls with the ability to troubleshoot autonomously.
- Automation technologies.
- Strong experience in hybrid cloud environments and modernising legacy infrastructure.
- Strong experience managing Intune policies and configuration, with the ability to troubleshoot autonomously.
- Experience of working in an environment aligning to ITIL best practice and focusing on the business impact.
- Experience in delivering small projects as well as owning workstreams within larger programmes.
- Management and ongoing improvements of Office 365
- A good understanding of cyber security principles and a security first approach to infrastructure design.
Skills that we’d love you to have, but aren’t crucial
- Retail experience.
- PCI compliance experience.
- Experience with containers such as Docker.
Behaviours that will set you apart
- Ability to lead and develop people.
- Tenacious, getting to the bottom of problems even if it takes a few tries.
- Well-motivated, with a positive attitude.
- Well organised & able to work efficiently, to stick to tight deadlines
Our PERKS really are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount! – Plus, exclusive Double Discount days!
- MyWorks – Access exclusive online discounts across hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more!
- Holiday –33 days including bank holidays.
- Holiday Purchase – Purchase an additional 5 days
- Can-Do Academy – Grow your skills and career with instant access to further training and development in areas that interest you.
- Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them – for when ‘life’ happens!
- Share Scheme – Unleash your inner Monopoly mogul and own a piece of The Works!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our partnership with the Retail Trust who provide an Employee Assistance Programme and so much more!
- Healthcare Cash Plan – To support your everyday healthcare costs.
- + Loads more! – Long Service Awards, pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work and optional charity giving.
To inspire reading. learning, creativity and play – making lives more fulfilled.
We are Crafty | We are Caring | We are Can-do
Salary: Competitive Salary
Job Type: full time
Full Address: Boldmere House Hams Hall Distribution Park, Faraday Ave, Birmingham B46 1AL, UK