Salary: £26,740 – £33,430
The Cloud Infrastructure Analyst will join an already established team within CBS, provide a level of technical knowledge to undertake the troubleshooting and resolution to production incidents or problems independently and escalate to Infrastructure Engineers if required. Completes tasks to agreed levels of quality, within stated timescales with minimal supervision. Looks for improvement opportunities within the team and its processes/procedures. An effective team member who provides support and guidance to peers and other team members. Contributes to team efficiency through the creation of accurate technical documentation.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all product and infrastructure service incidents
- Undertake allocated problem tasks to improve system resilience.
- Undertake technical tasks such as patching, allocation of storage and cost optimisation work.
- Effectively prioritize tasks to ensure high priority activities are completed first, escalating to appropriate team members where required.
Supporting change and implementation where appropriate technical competence has been reached and maintaining an enterprise view.
- A willingness to learn, a desire to embrace new technology and is open to a challenge
- Be able to deliver clear and logical documentation for team members and end users to follow
- Able to work under pressure.
- Thorough, with a good attention to detail.
- Deliver to agreed timescales.
Demonstrable expertise in their chosen technical discipline. Essential experience of working in a complex, pressurised production environment. Financial services experience would be desirable.
- Knowledge of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB’s, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC’s, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formation or equivalent Azure
- Understanding of Amazon availability zones, regions and HA strategies or equivalent Azure
- Understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically AWS or Azure.
- Understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
- Familiarity with the concept of infrastructure/software development paths such as AGILE and LEAN
- Knowledge of physical to virtual migrations into AWS or Azure.
- Monitoring and Dashboard creation within the AWS / Azure.
- Certified in AWS/Azure
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure & Security Architecture
- AWS/Azure AMI Creation
- Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and AppDynamics
- Knowledge of Enterprise level database solutions, such as Oracle and MS-SQL
- Previous experience of working in an IT environment
- Previous experience of supporting virtualization technologies (or equivalent)
We offer flexibility that counts – and we recognize that will look different for different people. We’ll consider a range of flexible working, and where we can we’ll make it happen. So whether it’s part time hours, job sharing or other flexible working patterns, have a chat with us before you apply to see what the possibilities are.
UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work
To determine our place on the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing list, the Great Place to Work culture experts analysed thousands of employee surveys, assessing peoples’ experiences of wellbeing at work through things like:
– Work-life balance
– Sense of fulfilment
– Job satisfaction
– Psychological safety
– Financial security
- Discretionary Bonus scheme up to 20%
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Buy and sell holiday,
- Pension Employer Contribution – 5%,
- Death in Service – This is 6 times your salary
- We’ll support your physical and mental health with paid sick leave
- Choose where you want to work with hybrid working
- We offer fair compensation if you need to work unsociable or additional hours, through shift, overtime, and callout payments