Salary: Up to 30k Dependent on experience
Shift hours: Part Time
Location: North & Scotland
Hours: Full time
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent on experience
This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group. At Prestige Nursing & Care we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid HR technical knowledge, and a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join our team.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner and working in a small but perfectly formed team, you will be a first point of contact for colleagues and managers on all HR related queries and will provide expert advice across all stages of the colleague journey. This is a varied role, covering a full generalist remit including, embedding of employment legislation and best practice in terms of talent management, employee relations, employee wellbeing and supporting with the implementation of the HR Strategy.
In line with CQC & Care Inspectorate regulations, we require and will undertake Enhanced DBS/PVG, Right to Work, Reference and Employment History checks in line with Government guidelines for this role and safer recruitment best practice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible, due to the nature of these important checks there may be extension to timelines. All our clients are equally entitled to have their needs met in a safe, fair and balanced way. Prestige Nursing & Care colleagues are responsible for promoting Equal Opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any client or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, identity or any other perceived difference.
As a Company we are unable to provide Sponsorship for overseas candidates.
By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application. For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website
Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early
- Provide local support on complex ER matters and develop appropriate solutions
- Be the first point of contact for Leaders and Managers that need advice on how to manage all people elements, such as managing difficult conversations, supporting with resourcing or support employees through a variety of different challenges
- Regularly updating on business area activity to ensure a joined up HR service is delivered to the business
- You will work with managers to proactively manage employee issues such as grievances, poor performance, absence management, disciplinary etc
- You will provide support with change management initiatives, including TUPE, restructures and redundancies
- You will ensure that your business areas are proactive and engaged with the dev elopement of their people by way of probationary reviews, objective settings and personal development (working alongside the L&D Officer)
- Work closely with the Engagement Officer to participate in engagement and retention initiatives and pro-actively embed change that positively impacts our culture
- Working closely with the Senior HRBP by way of reviewing our processes, employee handbook, and policies to ensure that they remain compliant with legislation and GDPR
- Supporting the Senior HRBP with designing and deliver coaching solutions to line managers on ER issues for improved handling of cases
- Demonstrate behaviours that actively promote a positive and engaging culture and contribute to the our values, accreditations and recognition awards
- Be an advocate for Diversity and Inclusion within the business working closely with the wider HR team to identify issues and potential improvements
- Use HRMI to identify people and performance management gaps, and provide practical solutions by developing action plans for business and individual improvement
- Supporting the HR Assistants with monthly payroll submissions
- Support with HR Projects as and when required
- Provide full HR generalist service to your business area
- Ensure policies and procedures are accurate and in line with current employment legislation and healthcare legislation (where appropriate) and communicating any changes
- Occasionally support with the day-to-day responsibilities of the team when required
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
- To deputise for the Head of HR in their absence
- CIPD Level 5 or 7 qualification or working towards it
- HR generalist experience and good understanding of all aspects of HR Management including resourcing, talent management/succession planning, change management and employee relations
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Well organised, responsive and able to work under pressure
- Exposure to unionised environments is beneficial
- Experience of organisation development and design, and facilitation of change including consultation and engagement
- Experience of superuser HR Systems
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programmes
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing + Care’s values
Location: Epsom, Scotland