Salary: £11.00 rising to £11.82 after six months ,subject to meeting the requirements of our competency framework
- Currently a Senior Carer or Team leader; or
- An experienced Care Assistant – this is an exciting opportunity for to progress into a Team Leader role, with support and ongoing training provided.
- Qualified to HSC Level 2 Diploma OR equivalent experience
- A genuine desire to help others and make a positive contribution from day one
- A friendly, committed, flexible team player, with a compassionate person-centred approach
- Must have a full UK driving licence and use of a car for work purposes
- Must be able to work a changing rota pattern including some evenings and weekends
What you’ll do
Be responsible for organising and managing the daily work of our friendly care team. Deliver a high standard of care, companionship and support to the tenants, which respects the rights and dignity of the individual and promotes independent living skills. Encourage their social interaction with family, friends, other residents and community organisations.
We can offer
- Our unique recruitment and retention payment of £150 after completion of 6 months’ successful probationary period and £100 on completion of a further 6 months’ continuous service.
- 28 increasing to 33 days inclusive of Bank Holidays, depending on length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£250)
- Contributory pension scheme –which both you and CHS will contribute to
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership (4 schemes)
- Corporate members of Edenred Travel Club
- Free on site/nearby parking
- Free tunics
- Free DBS check
- Full induction
Dunstan Court is part of the charitable organisation CHS Group and supports the elderly both in our Schemes and in our communities to lead fulfilling lives confidently and as independently as possible. What makes us different is our ongoing commitment to make a positive difference to individual lives and to invest in ongoing organisational training and personal development. If you would like to work for an organisation that provides the type of care that you would expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Donna Turner – Care and Support Manager on 01223 241330
Please note this position is subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure. If you are registered with the online DBS Update Service, this may expedite your application process