No experience or qualification necessary
What you’ll do
Provide a Community Home Care Service to older people in their own homes, as well as working with the Care and Support Manager to deliver a high standard of companionship, care and support to tenants in the scheme enabling them to maintain their independent living skills. Encourage their social interaction with family, friends, other residents and community organisations.
- Aged 17 years or over
- A genuine desire to help others and make a positive contribution from day one
- A friendly, committed, flexible team player, with a compassionate person-centred approach
- No care experience or qualification is necessary as you will be fully trained on the job. For those staff wishing to develop and obtain a qualification, we offer a level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and recognise the achievement of a level 2 Diploma with a one-off payment of £250.
- You must have a full, clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes as we provide care to customers within a 5 mile radius of the scheme
We can offer
- Our unique recruitment and retention payment of £150 after completion of 6 months’ successful probationary period and £100 on completion of a further 6 months’ continuous service
- 28 days holiday increasing to 33 days inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff), depending on length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days per year (pro rata for part-time staff
- Company sick pay scheme
- 45p per mile mileage allowance and paid travel time
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£250)
- Contributory pension scheme – which both you and CHS will contribute to
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership (4 schemes)
- Corporate members of Edenred Travel Club
- Free on site/nearby parking
- Free tunics
- Free DBS check
- Full induction
Dunstan Court is part of the charitable organisation CHS Group and supports the elderly both in our Schemes and in our communities to lead fulfilling lives confidently and as independently as possible. What makes us different is our ongoing commitment to make a positive difference to individual lives and to invest in ongoing organisational training and personal development. If you would like to work for an organisation that provides the type of care that you would expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact the Care and Support Manager on 01223 241330
Please note this position is subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure. If you are registered with the online DBS Update Service, this may expedite your application process.