Salary: Competitive plus benefits
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a HGV Class 1 Lorry Driver to join our friendly team based in Northfleet.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful Sales Lorry Driver, you will be responsible for the delivery of Tarmac bulk and packed cement to customers and other duties in line with business needs. The role works within all relevant statutory legislation together with internal company Safety, Health and Environmental Standards
- The loading and delivery of Tarmac bulk & packed cement to a range of ready-mix and concrete product customers
- First Line Maintenance duties on vehicle
- Regular use of fixed access steps to complete the loading process
- Be able to apply manual handling technique to connect suzie’s, connect to customer silo’s and lift tanker lids
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate previous experience as a Class 1 LGV Driver gained ideally within the construction environment or similar. As well as the ability to use your own initiative and to communicate with a busy office for instructions and information.
- LGV Class 1 licence
- A valid Digital Tacho Card.
- A valid CPC Qualification Card
- Experience of operating bulk tankers – Desirable
Location: Gravesend, Kent, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/116/1780