Head of The Virtual School within Ambito Education
Contract Type – Permanent
Salary Range – L8 – L10 ( £50,151 £52,723) plus Teacher Pension and other company benefits.
Scope of the role
We are looking for an experienced leader to support, challenge and advise those students who find learning difficult and need their education taught in a different way to support the continued growth towards adulthood.
Ambito Virtual School is the first of its kind for us and this virtual platform will be the ‘flag ship’ of this style of education where we bring the curriculum alive through a variety of different ways to engage students to achieve their potential.
As Head of the Virtual School, you will oversee the Virtual School Team of Teaching staff, Educational Psychologists, Education Welfare Staff and Administrators as and when the need arises..
· You will have successful senior or middle leadership and management experience within an educational specialist setting.
· You will work closely with social care professionals, headteachers, designated teachers, school improvement partners and other personnel working for agencies and organisations in partnership with the Virtual School to drive up standards of education and the attainment of children in care.
· You will have successful project management experience
· Be an experienced, organised, enthusiastic and inspirational leader.
· Have excellent skills in teamwork, using your initiative, be forward thinking and an exemplary role model.
· Have a high level of competency in IT, literacy skills and writing skills.
· Someone who, initially, is able to teach and manage until capacity increases.
· Ability to build a strong curriculum focussed on developing skills and accreditation for pupils who are dis-engaged and have had negative educational experiences.
· Be able to challenge and promote ideology of a culture improving self-worth, altering current perceptions of pupils non aspirational approach to learning.
· Enable learning to be intrinsic relating to their education outcomes.
· Working closely with and having clear lines of communication with the LA and other stakeholders.
· Ability to think in dynamic ways when relating to budget, CPD, staffing and ensuring a high-level quality of education.
· An understanding of ISS and OFSTED regulated provisions.
· To become a sector leading provision within the culture of SEMH.
· Ability to effectively identify specific needs within pupils EHCP’s and how we can ensure we can improve outcomes for the young people.
· Ability to network within the realms of SEMH and share good practice.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.