Location: Castlehill, Edinburgh, EH1 2NG
Salary: Competitive (Annual.)
Head Of Culinary – Scotland
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Team Obsessed’ is BaxterStorey’ UK Food & Beverage squad, a team of ‘foodie mavericks’ who are overseeing one of the biggest transformations within foodservice across the UK as “WE ARE GROUND BREAKERS, TASTE MAKERS & INDUSTRY SHAKERS”.
Through our ‘Obsessed’ foundations of Craft, Creativity, Community and of course Cheer (food is fun, right?) we are creating a culture for all craft & creative professionals to flourish.
‘Obsessed’ positively disrupts through our non-negotiables, no boundaries and most definitely ‘NO BEIGE’ approach within our ‘rules of engagement’- our taste revolution brief… which gives creative freedom to every ‘Chef & Bevista’ within our business to shake things up with a Morning, Noon & Night mindset!
We are now looking for regional food captains who will sit within the UK Food Team and are responsible for building their very own elite food squad to deliver our ‘Food Manifesto’ under our ‘Obsessed’ culture and values.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Ambassador for college connections, springboard – future chef and adopt a school programmes.
- Chef academy collaboration/connection – managing and delivery of training and development of regional chefs
- Regional Food heroes advocate
- Financial responsibility for performance within region – influence, improve and understand a P&L account for regional accountability.
- Weekly food communication update with OD’s and MD.
- Bring food manifesto to life
- Rollout & uphold the ‘Rules of Engagement’ into the business.
- Responsible for sales activity within region.
- Setting up and maintaining of regional obsessed hubs
- Induction and ‘in person welcome to the business’
- ED&I pathway
- Own and deliver Obsessed Live events.
- Due diligence responsibility – Health & Food Safety
- Establish and manage regional brigades that are SME’s within your business
- Incorporating Nourish to flourish as a main strategy within your region.
- Manage and influence into the business your regional chef partners.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Proven experience of successfully overseeing the delivery of the following; multi-site/outlets, a flagship location, operational volume of 2000+, a group operation with +5 outlets and responsibility for achieving turnover in excess of £10m.
- Experience in hosting training sessions & proven experience developing careers of future culinary talent.
- Presentation experience is essential to support taking our ‘Obsessed’ Culture & ‘Food Manifesto’ to new audiences.
- Proven culinary experience in leading successful kitchen operations within the Retail, Hospitality and Events sector.
- Project Management’ experience in overseeing new openings or restaurant refurbishments within a budget & timeline deadline.
- Overseen and created a food concept/innovation/campaign from design to implementation.
- Must be ‘Obsessed’ About Food & People!
Employment Type: permanent, Full-time