Shift hours: Full Time
Head Chef – NTEP Longmoor
Salary – £28,700 (DOE)
Flexible Hours between 0500 – 1900 (Weekends may be required to suit business needs)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Head Chef with a real passion for food where you’ll be able to develop your career with the world’s leading food service and facilities management company.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team at The National Training Estate Prime Longmoor producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.
From fine dining for six to feeding an Army, as a talented Head Chef, you will supervise the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best in class food offer to military and civilian personnel. You will also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side, from Street Food to Banquets, delivering high end dining from start to finish.
If you are an innovative and creative Head Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Proven experience in quality catering environments.
- Excellent people skills, able to lead and develop a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- High standards and quality driven.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- A ‘ Can Do ‘ attitude.