Salary: Competitive hourly rate plus shift allowance.
As a Fridge Plant Recycling Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability, and you will be supported with training along the way.
- Degassing the fridges and removing parts i.e cables, compressor in preparation for the shredder process.
- Using hand tools to strip out components and sort into different bags
- Attention to constant housekeeping to ensure clean and clear workspaces
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
- Assisting depot management as required.
- Able to use hand tools – powered and non-powered in a production line type environment?
- Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you organised and adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working as part of a team?
- FLT Counterbalance would be an advantage
Hours per week: 40